CSC Scholarship application procedure
Here we are sharing the complete guidance about CSC Scholarship Application Steps And Required Documents. The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC Scholarship) application procedure can be slightly different from one university to another. However, following steps are used in general.
Find a Chinese university where your field of study is available and which is eligible to admit international students under CSC scholarship (View complete list)
Create an account on the CSC online platform. Fill in required information and click on submit. You will receive an email from the CSC system with an activation link. Click on the link to activate your account
Login to the CSC online platform with your new credentials (email and password) and read Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System. Click on “Application online” and fill out the form. Select the Program Category Type (Type A for Bilateral Program, Type B for Chinese University Program and Type C for other programs) and enter the Agency No. Once you type in the Agency No, the system will display the agency name. In case the name is not the Agency you were trying to choose, you may not have the right agency number. Fill in all the required information that applies to you. After filling information on each page, click on “Verify and Save” button at the bottom of the page to move to the next one.
Upload scanned copies of all required documents by clicking on the upload button (The name of the file should be less than 60 characters and the size less than 3 MB).
Click on the submit button at the bottom of the page to submit the application. The system will ask for confirmation. Select yes to submit. Click on “Print the application form” at the top right side of the page to download form (in PDF). Print and sign the CSC scholarship form.
Step 6: If you have selected:
Type A, attach all required documents with the form and submit it to the embassy or dispatching authority of your country (in two sets).
Type B, check if the University requires separate applications. If yes, follow instructions on the university website to fill the form (Pay application fee if required). Attach all required documents with the form (in two sets) and send the package to the international students’ admission office of the university.
After submitting the CSC online application, if you believe you made a mistake, you need to log in to the system and click on “withdraw and edit the application” in order to be able to make corrections. After making corrections, remember to resubmit the form. If not, there won’t be any valid application.
CSC scholarship Application Documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by their university to prove their current status.
- Academic transcripts (Notarized copy);
- A Study Plan or Research (minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants);
- Two Recommendation Letters (recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors);
- A CD of your own works (only required for arts students and should include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works);
- Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant documents about their guardians in China;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (copy). The original copy should be kept for visa processing.
- Front page copy of a valid passport;
- A copy of a pre-admission letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
- A copy of a language proficiency (if available);
- All documents should be written in Chinese or English and submitted in two sets before the deadline. No application documents will be returned.